Who is IATF?
IATF is the International Automotive Task Force (IATF). This task force consists of a group of automotive manufacturers and trade organizations as pictured below.
The IATF is responsible for:
- Developing an agreement regarding international quality system requirements aimed at participating companies’ direct suppliers or production materials, product and/or service parts, or finishing services. See IATF 16949:2016
- Creating policies and procedures for IATF third parties to develop consistency worldwide.
- Providing necessary training to support 16949 requirements.
- Establishing formal liaisons with appropriate bodies to support IATF objectives.
- Maintaining a database allowing you to check the validity of a certification
- Posting new updates affecting IATF members.