On the surface, PPAP can appear to be complicated and even overwhelming. Once it is understood, it becomes apparent that PPAP requirements represent the culmination and reporting of activities that any “good” supplier already does. The PPAP Process merely helps put the reporting of activities and their results into a structured and consistent format.
In this course, students will be able to:
- Understand what PPAP is, why it should be used and when it should be used.
- Know how to complete PPAP documentation requirements.
- Interpret when specific PPAP requirements apply and when they don’t.
Intended Audience – Quality professionals, engineers, managers, and supervisors.
Approximate Time To Complete – 2 hours
- 30 Day Access to Training
- 30 Day extension available
- Study Guide in PDF Format
- Certificate of Completion
- Lesson 1: PPAP Overview
- Explains what the PPAP Process is.
- Explores why a PPAP should be used.
- Discusses when PPAP is needed.
- Introduces how the PPAP Process is conducted.
- Lesson 2: Documentation Requirements
- Explores each of the 18 Elements of the PPAP Documentation Package.
- Explains “Reasons for PPAP Submission.”
- Describes PPAP “Submission Levels.”
- Lesson 3: Reviewing the PPAP Process
- Clarifies PPAP requirements.
- Reinforces how the PPAP Process fosters customer-supplier trust.
- Confirms that PPAP documentation is based on data.
- Reviews documentation requirements for Bulk Materials.
- Discusses customer-supplier negotiations.
- Recaps requirements for part submission, retaining documentation, Master Samples and shipment samples.
- Challenge (Course Test) PPAP
- An assessment of the learner’s progress in this course.