Steps to IATF 16949 Certification
- Learn about the IATF 16949 Standard
- Perform an IATF 16949 Gap Analysis
- Plan your IATF 16949 Implementation project
- Train your organization on IATF 16949
- Document your Quality Management System
- Implement your QMS and conduct business
- Audit your QMS using Process Auditing
- Registration Audit
You will need to get some general training on IATF 16949 so you understand what you need to do in your company to meet the requirements of the standard.
- IATF 16949 Eligibility and Requirements
- What Standards do I need?
- What are the Requirements?
- Buy the Standards that you need for certification
- Learn about the standard:
Perform a Gap Analysis to determine where you need to change your existing QMS.
Create a Project Plan
All of your employees will need to be trained to work with the IATF 16949 Quality System.
- Online Employee IATF 16949 Training
- PowerPoint Presentation & Training Materials
Design and document your IATF 16949 Quality Manual and Procedures. The biggest portion of the project is looking at your current processes, and redesigning them to address all of the requirements of the standard. Once you have modified or developed processes to meet the standard, you will need to control those processes. Documenting the processes as Quality System procedures is part of this control.
Once your system is developed and documented, employees will follow the procedures, collect records and make improvements to the system. For approximately three months or more, your organization will run the QMS, collecting records.
Use and improve your QMS – Is it working? You will conduct internal audits to see how your system is working and to improve it. This prepares you for an Audit by a Registrar. IATF 16949 requires a process based audit to control the linkage between the processes.
Use our IATF 16949 All-in-One Documentation & Training Package and implement your system yourself. It includes what you need in order to save time and money and be successful.
To achieve registration, you will need to select a Registrar who will perform a Registration Audit.
Helpful Products and Articles: