This 32-page instruction / checklist is intended for use in upgrading your Quality Management System for the transition from the ISO/TS 16949:2009 version to the IATF 16949:2016 revision for Quality management systems used in the automotive production and service parts industries. The above Quality Management Systems are compatible with each other and have common requirements.
In the Automotive Standard IATF 16949:2016, the requirements are described in:
- Clause 4 Context of the organization
- Clause 5 Leadership
- Clause 6 Planning
- Clause 7 Support
- Clause 8 Operation
- Clause 9 Performance evaluation
- Clause 10 Improvement
Previously in ISO/TS 16949:2009, the requirements were described in:
- Clause 4 Quality management system
- Clause 5 Management responsibility
- Clause 6 Resource management
- Clause 7 Product realization
- Clause 8 Measurement, analysis, and improvement
- The intent of the main clauses for both ISO and IATF is shown in blue font,
- The new IATF standard incorporates the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, and in the first left hand column of the instructions, the clause numbers highlighted in green indicates where specific IATF 16949 additions are made to ISO 9001.
- The text in italics in the 2nd right hand column indicates where requirements were included in previous ISO/TS 16949:2009.
- Use copies of the IATF, the ISO and ISO/TS standards along with this instruction to pinpoint for your organization the areas that need attention.
- Make notes and add comments in the space available to the right and the left of the column for reference documentation.
- Use the upgrade checklist section on the right side of the table to assign the responsibility for the upgrade and to follow up on its completion.
- document containing instructions as described in “Features”
Which version is right for me?
- Choose IATF 16949:2016 to create a new IATF 16949 Quality Management System
- Choose TS 16949:2009 to IATF 16949:2016 QMS to modify your existing TS 16949:2009 QMS to meet the IATF 16949:2016 requirements
- Choose ISO 9001:2015 to IATF 16949:2016 QMS Upgrade to modify your existing ISO 9001:2015 to meet the IATF 16949:2016 requirements
If you plan to reconfigure your existing quality manual completely by yourself, you can use either of the Upgrade Instructions to create everything on your own. They will tell you where to make the changes but will NOT provide any procedure or form templates for the new requirements.
|TS 16949 to IATF 16949
|TS 16949 to IATF 16949
|ISO 9001 to IATF 16949
|IATF 16949:2016 Quality Manual|
|IATF 16949:2016 Procedures||29||29||4|
|IATF 16949:2016 Forms||75||75||6|
|IATF 16949:2016 Flow Charts||31||31|
|TS 16949:2009 to IATF 16949:2016 QMS Upgrade Instructions|
|ISO 9001:2015 to IATF 16949:2016 QMS Upgrade Instructions|