Minimum Automotive Quality Management System Requirements for Sub-Tier Suppliers
Minimum Automotive Quality Management System Requirements for Sub-Tier Suppliers (MAQMSR) in conjunction with ISO 9001:2015 is an alternative for automotive suppliers who are having a difficult time meeting the requirements of the IATF 16949 quality standard. Audit results from certification bodies are showing that companies are failing to comply with the requirements of IATF 16949, and in certain cases IATF certification cannot be achieved.
The top five requirements that organizations were failing to meet were:
- 188.8.131.52 Contingency plans
- 7.2.3 Internal auditor competency
- 184.108.40.206c. Supplier Monitoring
- 8.5.1 Control of production and service provision
- 220.127.116.11 Control plan
- 18.104.22.168 Total Productive Maintenance
MAQMSR was released September of 2017 and was designed for lower tier suppliers. The goal is for suppliers to be able to receive registration. IATF 16949 addresses the possibility in Section 22.214.171.124c.
The steps suggested in Section 126.96.36.199c are: